Monday, August 18, 2014

Botanical Tea Shabby Chic Clock

 Morning Friends,

Dawna here with a lovely clock I created for my very sweet and talented friend, Glenda (aka ILOVEPAPILLONS) at scrapbook.com.   Glenda adores shabby chic, which is still somewhat new to me, but I wanted to try my hand at something she would enjoy displaying in her new scraproom.  

I loved Graphic 45's Botanical Tea paper collection and when I saw Blue Fern's "Floral Clock," I knew right away I wanted to use them to make Glenda a shabby chic clock.  

As a base I used Dusty Attic's 8x8 shadow box from their 2013 CHA release.  And, I recently won a goodie bag from Martica at scrapbook.com in a recent Tag Challenge she hosted and received this lovely 4" long swirly white lace.  I knew it would be the perfect finishing touch for Glenda's project.  Thank you Martica! 

Glenda always has a kind word and is always encouraging others around her.  She is very creative and always inspires me with her beautiful creations.   I've really enjoyed getting to know Glenda better this past year and appreciate having her in my life very much.  Her family roots are in South Africa and she currently lives in beautiful sunny FL with her husband.  She's an empty nester, like me, so we spend time enjoying our family, friends and creating. 

Glenda loves her new clock and promises to find a perfect place to display it in her new scraproom.  Here's a few more close ups I hope you enjoy:



Well friends that's it for me this morning.  For a complete list of products used on this project, please feel free to visit my gallery, Dawna's Place on scrapbook.com.   Thank you for dropping by and may I wish you all a happy day!   Big Hugs ~ Dawna


 

No comments:

Post a Comment