Today I'm sharing some creations I made for my secret sister in Goodie Bag Swap being hosted by Martica at scrapbook.com. We were challenged to create the following items for this swap and I highlighted the items that are pictured in this post:
Here are the categories and I've highlighted what I did for each category:
1. Funny (could be a funny card, mask etc.)/ Bookmark
2. Shabby chic (could be a card, album, box etc.)/ 2" Beautiful Embroidered Lace
3. Something to be used for crafting (anything scrapbook related, etc.)/ "Handmade with Love" and Vintage Cream Ribbon
4. Something to wear (could be a piece of jewelry, scarf etc.)/ Long Vintage Birdcage Necklace
5. Inspirational (could be a book, home decor, tag, bookmark etc.)/ Tag
6. Unique (well its up to you)/ Silver Swirl Goodie Bag
7. Something Vintage (anything altered)/ See "Vintage Dress Form Mirror" Post
8. Something to be displayed (like a frame, canvas, hanger, bottle any size)/ See "FRIENDS" Altered Blocks Post
9. Misc. item your choice/ See "Traveler Mini Album" Post
10. Miniature/ Tibetan Silver Scissors
With a list of 10 items, this is one of the biggest challenges I've participated in, but I know my secret sister so that made it especially fun and easy for me to play along.
Let's start things off with my "Inspirational" item which I decided to do as a tag. I created this using Teresa Collins new Nine & Company paper collection. I love the inspirational sentiment which reads: "Life Doesn't Have to be Perfect to be Wonderful." Oh so true!!!
I love how charming this tag came out and I'm sure my secret sister will like it too. Here's a few close ups that I hope you enjoy:
|Top Flower Cluster Close Up|
|Sentiment Close Up|
|Bottom Flower Cluster Close Up|
I just love Prima's new fretwork leaf dies, they are so pretty! And they are easy to shape too. For the flower clusters, I used Prima's "Something Blue" wedding flower collection. I love this color combination, it's so fresh and summery. You can also see the little curlies made from Prima's wired thread shown here in "Dusty."
To finish the tag off, I added a little rose ribbon and used my new favorite Martha Stewart punch set called "scalloped teardrop" to edge the sentiment mat and tag. Isn't this punch set pretty too?
I put an aqua pearl in the center of the five butterflies that are scattered around and used some stickles to give them some sparkle. I also sparkled up the edges of the pretty fretwork leaves too. Then I added an aqua satin bow and ribbon hanger.
Lastly, I included a clip just in case my secret sister wanted to clip it up somewhere. And, although there isn't a picture of the back side, I created a gift tag pocket just in case she decided to gift it to someone or tuck a note in it.
Here's a picture of the other little goodies I included for my secret sister:
Well friends, that's it for this post. There are three more posts for items 7, 8 and 9 to go with this challenge so stay tuned for more goodness! Thank you so much for dropping by and I hope you have a perfectly wonderful day! Big Hugs ~ Dawna