Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Angel Canvas Tutorial

Hi Friends, Today I'm sharing a canvas I created for my swap partner (RobandTim2) in this months mixed media swap at scrapbook.com.  This is the first time I've worked with paper clay, so I really enjoyed making this!  Lets have a closer look:
To create the frame, I took an 11x14 inch canvas and reversed it.  I used "Creative Paperclay" and Prima  IOD mold No. 1 to make the ornate detail.  Each wet molded piece was laid end to end, securing them to the frame with matte gel.   Shrinkage was patched with extra clay.
To make the wings I used a rolling pen and rolled out paper clay flat and carved out a pair of wings.  I embossed the wings with a rose embossing folder by just pressing it firmly into the wet clay wings.   I used Prima mold Nautical II to add flourishes to the wings    And I used the same mold to add the beaded trim around the dress.  
Before gluing anything down, I used some modeling clay and white acrylic paint and stenciled small crosses in the background.  Then I mixed some primary blue and black acrylic paint and splattered paint drops in the background.  Finely, I embellished each corner with 49th and Market Potpourri navy flowers and Prima white flowers. 

To finish the project off,  I rubbed Art Deco Gold Rush Metallic Luster paste all over the ornate frame and the beaded trim on the dress.  Attached the wings, bodice and flower work with matte gel medium.  To finish up, I created a complimentary card, wrapped the canvas and added a few goodies. 
There you have it friends!  Thanks for dropping by.  If you enjoyed this post, please "follow" this blog, share and/or subscribe!  Unite next time ... Big Hugs ~ Dawna

No comments:

Post a Comment