Saturday, August 26, 2017

Gate Fold Birthday Card




 
Hi Friends,  Here's a fun and funky masculine gate fold birthday card I created for my grandson.  I really loved the rustic wooden theme these simple papers created.  I used basic kraft cardstock to create the base and framed up the wooden papers with dark brown and light blue.  I used Prima's chalk paint in robins egg to randomly distress the card inside and out.   For a closure, I popped up a square piece of corrugated cardboard and added a Tim Holtz latch.  For this card, I decided to decorate the inside as well.   Here's a peek: 

The ruler paper makes a great background to the sentiment and I love how a bit of zigzag sewing really makes a card pop.  I've had a hard time finding a style that my youngest grandson really likes and this one was a big hit!    Thanks for dropping by and having a peek.   Hugs ~ Dawna

No comments:

Post a Comment