Thursday, September 11, 2014

First Love - Daily Stories Collection by Teresa Collins


Morning Friends,

Today I'm sharing two sweetheart layouts of my grandson, Cade and his first girlfriend, Destiny.   They just started high school together this year and he is so smitten with her its adorable to see them together.  She is so sweet and beautiful and they are always posting how much they care about one another.  lets take a close peak at this ...young love:
Kissey, kissey!  Puts a smile on my face and makes me swoon just thinking about them! 

I kept it pretty simple here, treated the backgrounds with gesso and a one has a brick background and the other has a chicken wire background.  Did random areas then smeared them off to the side with my palette knife and let them dry.  Then I used a little bit of Prima Bloom Spray in light teal and stormy sky and did a few random spritzes here and there.   I sewed the edges randomly straight and zigzag, then distressed them.  Then I cut a few circles, one in teal the other in white.  I used the Martha Stewart corner punch of the Scalloped Teardrop to punch out the aqua circle.  Then for the white one, I embossed the circle, then hit the highlights with Wink of Luna pen in Silver. 
I hand made the flowers using flower shoppe for the Cricut.  But my favorite element on these pages are the wonderful open fret work leaf dies from Prima.  Gosh they are so pretty and delicate.  They shape very easily and add simple elegance to any layout.  Here's a close up with a few flowers, a few sequins and bingo cards.  You can see some of the brick work in the back ground and see these lovely leaves:
I love the way these two layouts compliment one another but do wish I had lighted both pictures up to the same tone before I glued them down!  Ugh...oh well scrap and learn!  lol  Destiny described their relationship on another picture she posted of these words written on a chalk board hanging next to a phone.  And, I have to agree, these definitely describe their young love!

Nothing creates a focal point like placing a circle around it.  Doing this makes them the center of attention of thee layouts.

Makes me feel young at heart again.  Well friends that's it from me this morning.  I hope you enjoyed these simple yet playful and fun layouts!

If you're new to the site, please feel free to 'follow' the blog or sign up for emails to see what's next.  If you have a minute to leave me a comment, I genuinely appreciate knowing you were by for a visit.  Thank you for dropping by and wishing you all a perfectly wonderful day! ~ Dawna



No comments:

Post a Comment