Monday, April 21, 2014

Steampunk Dragonfly Journal





Morning Friends,

I'm continuing to catch up on posting projects and wanted to share an update to a simple journal I did some time ago.  


Here's what I did to enhance this journal.   I took the basic journal which was already covered in subway art designer papers and bare chipboard.  Using Tim Holtz's Rusty Hinge and Broken China inks, I distressed all of the chipboard pieces to give them greater depth by creating a rustic patina look.  Then I topped all the chipboard gears and cogs with metal gears and cogs to add an additional layer of dimension.  

To enhanced the dragonfly, I used the same inks to give it the same rustic patina look.  Then I created the 3D effect with glossy accents and added brads to highlight the eyes.   For finishing touches I added a swirl of pearls to give it the effect of flight and added two art deco labels (front and inside) to personalize this fun and funky journal. 

This journal measures 7.5" wide x 10" tall and is 100 pages long which makes it easy to stow away and very portable for documenting your project notes or daily thoughts.  It is standard rule which is easy to use for those of us with large script handwriting instead of the thin college ruled paper. 

I hope you you enjoy the finished product:

Steampunk Dragonfly Journal Close Up
Inside Cover with Inscription Label
Inside Back Cover with Subway Art Designer Paper

Back Cover with Spine Detail and Bookmark
If you enjoyed this project, please sign up for emails or join my blog to see whats next.  This item is available for purchase in my Etsy store.

Thank you for dropping by my blog today.  Your comments are always welcome and appreciated.   Create something beautiful and live life inspired!  ~ Dawna

No comments:

Post a Comment