Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Great Aunt Nora Circa 1800's

 
Good Morning Friends,

Today I'm posting a lovely layout of my great aunt Nora with a beautiful picture of her from the early 1800's. My Aunt Nora was married to William Fairchild in the early 1800's.  Her maiden name was Spencer.  

To create this simple vintage layout I started with a blue back ground piece, then layered a punched printed page on top.   I added a few more layers with a doily made from the Cricut using the Paper Lace cartridge and added a simple white Wilton doily.  I matted and framed a few wonderful vintage images from A Ladies Diary paper collection from Graphic 45.   I handmade the pink flower with pearl center, die cut the leaves, and added a few rolled roses to finish the flower cluster.  I added a corner chipboard for a little extra depth and interest.  Then as a final touch, I added the birdcage and a few birds in flight.  

Just a few close ups I hope you'll enjoy:
 Handmade flower detail with stickpin:
Thank you so much for dropping by my gallery may you have a wonderful day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment