Saturday, July 13, 2013

Charming Family Stories

Morning Friends,

Today I'm sharing a lovely vintage layout made from Teresa Collins Vintage Finds paper collection.  These adorable identical twins are my uncles beautiful girls, Merle and Pearl.  I love this old photo of them snuggled up together in this oversized vintage chair wearing their beautiful hand sewn Christening gowns.  Sewing has been a tradition that has been handed down from generation to generation in my family.

I hand made the rolled flowers by inking them up first with some musical stamps to grunge them up a bit.  Then I sparkled them up with some stickles.  I added several sewing embellishments including these authentic Tibetan silver scissors and vintage thread spool tops.

I used the cricut to make the pretty doily from the Paper Lace cartridge and hand sewed a straight line around the edges.  I love the vintage feel of this layout and plan to put it into my Family Heritage Album.






Thanks so much for dropping by and may I wish you a happy day!  ~ Dawna

No comments:

Post a Comment