Monday, February 15, 2021

Valentine Tag and Gatefold Shutter Card with Belly Band

 


Hi Friends, Today I'm sharing a oversized Valentine Tag and Shutter Card that I created for my friend Peggy G., in a swap we were recently partnered in.  I really loved the way the tag came out, especially the frame.  I sprayed it with Prima Color Bloom Peony spray, then used a white paint pen to highlight all the embossing.  The vintage cherub is from ReneaBoquetes.com and it's just perfect for a Valentines project.  Here's a close up of a few details:


I also made the flowers with Sizzix foam.  It's the first time I've use it and it was a lot of fun!  The flowers come out feeling so real to the touch and the roses on the Shutter Card are especially pretty.  The card is a standard gatefold with belly band, however, when you begin to open it, the "shutters" which conceal the sentiment open up to reveal your message. The dies for the shutter mechanism are from Anna Griffin.   I hope you enjoy this card, it was so fun to make!  

                                                   


That's all for this post.  I hope you enjoyed a wonderful Valentine's Day! ~ Dawna 


1 comment:

  1. Splendidly beautiful creations. Thank you for the tip regarding using a white paint pen on embossed CS. It does a fantastic job of "aging" things and is ever so pretty looking.

    Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete