Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Christmas Dinner "Food Fopa" Traditions...

Hi Friends, Okay so today I'm telling sorties on ourselves!  My daughter, Jessica, insisted that I scrap this page to document what she thinks is a "hysterical" family tradition!  We gather every Christmas Eve and always enjoy a nice buffet dinner with all the fix en's.  In the past, I have had a few mishaps in the kitchen, once throwing a huge bowl of mashed potatoes across the dining room onto the floor (breaking it into pieces) after tripping on the doorway threshold.  Then the next year, I  completely forgot to make potatoes all together!  Can you imagine a huge holiday feast with no mashed potatoes? I heard about that one for years too.  Year before last, I made candied yams and failed to serve them! Thus...a new family tradition, "Food Foppa's!" 
Now to set the stage for this mishap, my husband and I just finished remodeling our kitchen which included countertops, backsplash, and a fresh coat of paint on all the cupboards and all new appliances.  During the final minutes of getting the buffet ready, I popped the bread in the oven and my husband promptly said he would watch it.  I said, "Okay" and turned and walked away.  Little did I know, he did the same thing!  He completely forgot, almost immediately, that he was supposed to watch the bread.  Within the next few minutes I look over and my grandson had opened the oven door, which is now on fire, with flames shooting up the face of my freshly painted cabinets!  I immediately ran over and slammed the oven door shut explaining to my grandson the importance of smothering a flame to put it out.  Now at this point, where is my darling husband?  He's hiding from me!  lol  After a good old fashioned scolding, all was forgiven and my cabinets wee no worse for the wear.  This is one family tradition, that is, setting the oven on fire, that we dare not repeat!

Here's a couple of layout close ups:


Thanks for dropping by and having a peek.  Hugs ~ Dawna 

No comments:

Post a Comment