Saturday, May 14, 2016

Gate Fold Brithday Card

 
Today I'm sharing this pretty gate fold card and inspirational bookmark  I made for my sweet friend Lorna Lee's birthday.   These cards are so simple to make and your embellishments take center stage on this style card!  

Lorna loves purple, so I chose three lilac papers from Graphic 45's "Secret Garden" collection to work with.   This card is a 5" x 7" so I begin, by cutting a piece of white cardstock at 10" x 7" then along the 10" side, I scored and folded the card at 2.5" and 7.5" to create the gate fold base.  To create your surrounding frames, cut each layer 1/2" smaller than its base and you'll get a clean 1/4" frame around each layer.    For example: 

Before adhering your layers together, first center and wrap purple ribbon around the striped papers, securing the ribbon to the backside, then you can adhere your layers together.  To decorate, I popped up two pretty die cuts to create the gate fold center piece.  I finished decorating with a flower, a few leaves, a bit of pearl trims and a happy birthday sentiment.  The inside is simple, just framed up and layered the pattered papers and left the center blank to write my birthday wishes.  
Lorna loves inspirational sentiments and devotions, so I found this beautiful image called "Divine Mercy" and added the "Jesus I Trust in You" affirmation and a finishing tassel.   Lorna really loved the card and keeps the bookmark nearby as a gentle reminder that no matter what she's going through, God's love and mercy will always be with  her.  

Thank you for dropping by and having a peek.   Until next time, have a joyous day!  ~ Dawna

No comments:

Post a Comment