Monday, May 28, 2012

Tribute to Queen - Forever Freddie


Good morning dear friends! This morning I'm working on the 'Feeling British Challenge.' Since I don't know anyone from or have never traveled to Brittan, I decided I would scarp hubby's all time favorite British band instead. So here is my tribute to Queen. While collecting pic's for this lo, I found so many I liked, I had to do a 2 pager and even then I don't feel like I quite did them justice.

Pictured here are band members Freddie Mercury (lead singer), Brian May (lead guitar), Roger Taylor (bass guitar) and John Deacon (drums). These legendary band members took the glam rock arena by storm during the 1970's and the rest was history! Freddie Mercury, who majored in stardom while giving new meaning to the word showmanship, left a legacy of songs, which will never lose their stature as classics to live on forever.

Freddie Mercury denied his battle with AIDS till his deathbed confession in 1991.
Despite twenty years having passed since Freddie lost his life, he remains in the minds of millions throughout the world as one of the greatest artists we will ever see. In September 2010 a poll carried out among rock fans saw him named the Greatest Rock Legend Of All Time, beating Elvis Presley to claim the title, and ahead of David Bowie, Jon Bon Jovi, Jimi Hendrix and Ozzy Osbourne. Their music will live on...

Thank you for dropping by my gallery today and I do hope you enjoyed my little tribute to Queen this morning. Have a marvelous day! Rock On...Dawna

No comments:

Post a Comment