Saturday, August 26, 2017

Mixed Media Wall Art

Hi Friends, Today I'm sharing my first mixed media wall art project.  I attended a class some time ago taught by Prima designer Frank Garcia at my local scrap shop.  I really love the free spirited nature of  mixed media and had a great time creating this unique one of a kind treasure.   

The base is cork board sponged over with distress stain.  To create the next layer we used Frank's Parisian city map stencil and randomly stamped Studio 490's embossing paste by Wendy Vecchi all over plain cardboard.  This gave us a "puffy" base to apply various sprays and stains to achieve the rustic distressed background that frames out this piece.     

Then came the really fun part, placement of all the embellishments!  We were given a huge selection of Finnabar metals, bubbles, trinkets, snaps, springs, clips, bottle caps, filigree flowers and mechanical parts along with Prima pearls, flowers and vines to create this wild mixed media affect.   

As a finishing touch, I personalized my project with one of my favorite wedding photos. It hangs on the entry wall of our family room and every time I look at this piece, its so unique and interesting it still captures my attention and stirs my imagination.  Thanks for dropping by and if you enjoyed this post, please 'follow' along.  Until next time, make something that means something! ~ Dawna

No comments:

Post a Comment