Saturday, April 30, 2016

Vintage Dress Form Tag

Hi Friends,  Today I'm sharing a Vintage Dress From Tag I created for Jo (aka Texlady) in our Brats Birthday Card Club.  I love vintage and sewing themes so this was really fun to create for Jo and she really loved getting it!  I used the Cricut "Artist" cartridge from Stampin Up to make the swirly topped tag and label.   Here's some information on how to create your own and a few close-ups I hope you enjoy:
I paired the dark navy blue and gold foil cardstock with the "Damask" sheet from Teresa Collins "Now & Then" paper collection.  I really liked the striking contrast of these papers together.  The Prima flower was sprayed with Gold Foil Bloom Spray, added a bit of Diamond colored Stickles to finish the center, then softened the look with a bit of gold tulle gathered behind the flower.   The sentiment label was simply a 1" version of the same tag cut and it made a perfect background for my "Have a Beautiful Day" sentiment. 
I used Tim Holtz's "Alterations" die to cut the dress form and thread spool.  Decorating the dress form was my favorite part.  I had some Websters Pages navy blue lace that I used as the dress base; added some vintage cream and gold crocheted trim around the neck, waist and bottom.  Then I highlighted the waist with a few little Stickled roses and some gold tulle.  I added another small rose at the neckline and finished the top and bottom of the dress from with some Gold Pearl colored Pearl Drops.  To highlight the dress form, I added a cream doily behind it along with a swirly gold foil die cut, and a pretty floral print I fussy cut from the damask paper.  They layered up nicely with foam tape which give the tag some extra dimension.  
Finely, I finished off the tag side with some vintage lace given to me by my dear friend Martica.  I repeated the dress lace across the bottom, added a vintage spool top and a thread wrapped spool; then finished it off with a handmade stickpin.  
You can find a list of supplies I used to make this tag here:  http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=galleries&u=641373&m=view&id=5321411

Well friends that's it for me today.  Thank you for dropping by, your visits are very much appreciated! I hope you enjoyed this pretty vintage tag and encourage you to create something beautiful today!  Until next time, have a joyous day! ~ Dawna

No comments:

Post a Comment