Thursday, April 28, 2016

Butterfly Birthday Card


Hi Friends, Today I'm sharing a butterfly card I made for my friend Shana (aka Dryla) for her birthday.  I can't take credit for its design, as it was designed by Laree, the new owner of  "The Stampin Post " for our regular card class.  I enjoyed making this pretty card and it really brightened Shana's special day!
I love the sanded down embossed doily in the background and die cut tulle butterflies on top of the layered paper butterflies.  We also learned how to burnish mica flakes to make the sparkling gold strip and little butterfly. 
The card flips up and the inside features a pocket for a sweet note card.

Well friends, that's it for me today.  Thank you for dropping by, your visits are always appreciated.  Until next time, have a joyous day!  ~ Dawna

3 comments:

  1. greetings! I love the butterfly card you've posted; I found it on a Google search for my current obsession: butterfly dies and stamps.
    Can you tell me if you had to stiffen or prep your tulle before die cutting it? and what specific butterfly die did you use on this project? (...obsession... LOL!)

    THANKS FOR SHARING!
    All the best!
    ~avis patterson, 050117 (sistersun)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Avis, Thank you for your sweet compliments on my butterfly card! I loved making it and was happy to be reminded of this beautiful die set! :) The die is a Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Collection Bigz Die and Texture Fades (has a matching embossing folder) called Butterfly Duo. No special treatment was needed for the tulle so it would remain wispy and fluttery. Here's a link to the set at Scrapbook.com which has information about the product, product ratings, questions and answers, linked projects ideas, and a whole host of YouTube videos for more inspiration.
    https://www.scrapbook.com/store/sz-660236.html

    Thanks again, always happy to share! Blessings ~ Dawna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you for this info, Dawna! that Tim Holtz set is on my list, 'cause I *love* Bigz dies that cut through practically everything in my craft stash. And i've got a little bit of tulle in my collection, so beautiful Mother's Day cards (that don't have to be mailed out, thus no fear of crushing the butterflies...) are in the making!
      Smiles!
      ~avis, 050817

      Delete