Friday, January 23, 2015

Oh My ...Its Raining Family and Cats and Dogs!

The Scharff Family 2014
Hi Friends,

The New Year is upon us and the holidays are behind us.  It was a very eventful holiday season for our family this year.  We love having family and friends visit and this year was really special for all of us! 

Our twins, Jennifer and Jessica were having a milestone birthday this New Years Eve, so we were thrilled when Jennifer (in the white sweater) and our darling granddaughter Quinn (next to her mom) decided to fly in on Christmas Day!  Time with loved ones is always precious and even more so when out of state visits are far and few between.   

We were all so busy (and I was bushed) I barely remembered to take pictures of us!  What???   Well I did get this one, so from our house to yours, wishing you all a very Happy, Healthy and Prosperous 2015!   May your dreams and wishes for the New Year come true! 

So lets get this scrappy party started...


I'm a bit late, but I thought I would close out my 2014  blog posts by sharing pictures of the mini albums I made for our girls this year.  Jennifer and Jessica love their fur babies so when Graphic 45 introduced their Raining Cat's and Dog's Collection, I knew had to make them a keepsake mini for their beloved pets. 

I used a simple folded envelope tutorial to make these easy pages and then developed a unique binding method to pull them all together.   I promise to learn how to video tape this year, because I know that pictures just don't capture certain projects, like mini's, the way they should.  Lets have a peek anyway.  I didn't post pics of both books but here's one I hope you enjoy:
Chunky, Pretty and Fun!
The books are 6 double sided envelop pages with 5 tag pockets.  With 3 tags per pocket, they got a little chunkier than I thought they would.   The photo mats are all double sided so there is plenty of room for journaling or any other little goodies you may want to tuck away.   
The Cats Meow
Cool Cat

Lucky Dog


Dog Day Afternoon

Love is a Four Legged Word

The Cats Meow

C is for Cat

Puppy Love

Lucky Dog

Carte Postale

The Cats Pajamas
Well friends that's it for me today.  Thank you so much for dropping by to visit.  Until next time, make something from the heart and enjoy a happy day!   Hugs ~ Dawna

1 comment: