Monday, August 25, 2014

Prima's Time Traveler Mini Album

Prima's Time Traveler Mini Album Cover
Morning Friends,

This is the final post in a series of four posts featuring items I created for a 10 item, secret sister Goodie Bag Swap being hosted by Martica at scrapbook.com.  I know who my secret sister is so this has been a very fun swap for me to play along. 

To create this mini I used a 4 x 6 pad (48 sheets) of Prima's Time Traveler paper collection.  The size is perfect for 3.5" x 5" photos and its so easy to create pages.  Just adhere two pages back to back and embellish as desired.  I made pockets and created journaling cards by cutting the 4 x 6 in half, adding a eyelet and some jute sting to finish off the tag.  I inked all the tags and pages with Vintage Photo ink from Ranger by Tim Holtz. 

Here are close ups of each of the pages.  I hope you enjoy this fun and easy project:

Prima's Time Traveler Front Cover

First a little bit about the front cover.  I used Prima  flowers and one of their ornate frames, a few chipboard pieces and a metal button and pocket watch from Metal Works at Michaels.  I added a Tim Holtz clasp and crystal hanging charm, tied two types of ribbon and some jute sting at the closure rings and a few Tim Holtz clips throughout the pages. I finished off the bumper flowers and open fretwork leaves with some Diamond Stickles to sparkle things up a bit.  I used Prima's  Wired Thread in their Dusty color to make a few curly sprigs for the flower clusters.  The vintage bridal picture is compliments of my sweet friend Linny, who forever keeps me laughing and giggling.  :)

Prima's Time Traveler Cover Close Up
I colored the frame using the black then silver Wink of Luna metallic pens, then sprayed it with Prima's Color Blooms in Worn Leather to antique it a bit.  Came out lovely don't you think?  Lastly I finished off the cover with a pretty stick pin and hung the crystal charm.   
Prima's Time Traveler Cover Close Up
Since all the inside pages are expected to be used directly as photo mats, I limited embellishments to fairly flat items.  On the pocket pages, I made a few tags per pocket and added a small cluster of embellishments. I distressed all the pages, tags and chipboard with Vintage Photo ink from Tim Holtz. 

Let's have a closer look at the inside pages:

Page 1 and 2
Page 3 and 4

Page 5 and 6
Page 7 and 8
Page 9 and 10
Page 11 and 12

Page 13 and 14
Page 15 and 16

Pages 17 and 18
Back Cover of Prima's Time Traveler Mini Album
This was such an easy mini to make even crafters with beginning skill levels will be successful making this project!  And, did I mention how much fun it is to do something so easy?  :)

Well friends that's it for me this morning.  I hope you enjoyed this project and if you have a minute to leave a comment, I always love hearing from you.   There are more fun projects on the way, so feel free to 'follow' along or sign up for emails so you won't miss anything.   

Thank you for dropping by and wishing you all a perfectly wonderful day!    Big Hugs ~ Dawna



No comments:

Post a Comment