Sunday, August 24, 2014

"Life Doesn't Have to be Perfect ... To Be Wonderful" Tag

Morning Friends,

Today I'm sharing some creations I made for my secret sister in Goodie Bag Swap being hosted by Martica at scrapbook.com.   We were challenged to create the following items for this swap and I highlighted the items that are pictured in this post:

Here are the categories and I've highlighted what I did for each category: 

1. Funny (could be a funny card, mask etc.)/   Bookmark
2. Shabby chic (could be a card, album, box etc.)/ 2" Beautiful Embroidered Lace
3. Something to be used for crafting (anything scrapbook related, etc.)/ "Handmade with Love" and Vintage Cream Ribbon
4. Something to wear (could be a piece of jewelry, scarf etc.)/  Long Vintage Birdcage Necklace
5. Inspirational (could be a book, home decor, tag, bookmark
etc.)/ Tag
6. Unique (well its up to you)/ Silver Swirl Goodie Bag
7. Something Vintage (anything altered)/ See "Vintage Dress Form Mirror" Post
8. Something to be displayed (like a frame, canvas, hanger, bottle any size)/ See "FRIENDS" Altered Blocks Post
9. Misc. item your choice/ See "Traveler Mini Album" Post
10. Miniature/ Tibetan Silver Scissors  


With a list of 10 items, this is one of the biggest challenges I've participated in, but I know my secret sister so that made it especially fun and easy for me to play along. 

Let's start things off with my "Inspirational" item which I decided to do as a tag.  I created this using Teresa Collins new Nine & Company paper collection.  I love the inspirational sentiment which reads:  "Life Doesn't Have to be Perfect to be Wonderful."  Oh so true!!!    

I love how charming this tag came out and I'm sure my secret sister will like it too.  Here's a few close ups that I hope you enjoy:

Top Flower Cluster Close Up
Sentiment Close Up
Bottom Flower Cluster Close Up
I just love Prima's new fretwork leaf dies, they are so pretty!  And they are easy to shape too.  For the flower clusters, I  used Prima's "Something Blue" wedding flower collection.   I love this color combination, it's so fresh and summery.  You can also see the little curlies made from Prima's wired thread shown here in "Dusty."  

To finish the tag off, I added a little rose ribbon and used my new favorite Martha Stewart punch set called "scalloped teardrop" to edge the sentiment mat and tag.   Isn't this punch set pretty too?  

I put an aqua pearl in the center of the five butterflies that are scattered around and used some stickles to give them some sparkle.  I also sparkled up the edges of the pretty fretwork leaves too.  Then I added an aqua satin bow and ribbon hanger.  

Lastly, I included a clip just in case my secret sister wanted to clip it up somewhere.  And, although there isn't a picture of the back side, I created a gift tag pocket just in case she decided to gift it to someone or tuck a note in it.  

Here's a picture of the other little goodies I included for my secret sister:  


Well friends, that's it for this post.  There are three more posts for items 7, 8 and 9 to go with this challenge so stay tuned for more goodness!  Thank you so much for dropping by and I hope you have a perfectly wonderful day!   Big Hugs ~ Dawna

No comments:

Post a Comment