Wednesday, July 16, 2014

"Love is Kind" Vintage Girl & Dolly Tag

Hi Friends,

Today I'm sharing a special vintage dolly image that our swap hostess, Martica from sb.com, has challenged us to create a tag around.  Even with her little broken head you can tell dolly has been well loved for many years years.   I adored this little girl especially the way she gives her beloved dolly a gentle kiss.  It's such a sweet image, I just had to join my friends and and play along! 

So, here's my take on this sweet tag challenge, which I've titled "Love is Kind:"

"Love is Kind" Vintage Girl & Dolly Tag

Title Label,  Peek-a-Boo Angel, Vintage Girl with Dolly and Handcrafted Flower and Leaves Close Up
Seam Binding Ribbon Tag Hanger with Silver and Pink Gemstone Trinket and Handcrafted Flower and Leaves Close Up

Seam Binding Ribbon Tag Hanger with Silver and Pink Gemstone Trinket Close Up

I hope you enjoyed this sweet little tag.  If you did, the remainder of this post gives the directions, including a downloadable image of this sweet little girl and her dolly, and links to the supplies I used to create this tag are all listed below.   I hope you're inspired to create something from your  heart today!

Well that's it for me dear friends!   I'll be sending this one off to Martica, but I love how it turned out so I think I'll have to make a keeper for myself as well.  I've got quite a few other goodies coming your way, so stay tuned for more creative goodness very soon!   Hugs to All  ~ Dawna  <3
Directions
Make Your Own Tag with Flowers

To make this tag, I started with Julie Nuttings Hancock Tags from Prima.  I used the pink one with soft roses and leaves.  

To make the flowers, I used Coordination's soft pink pastel cardstock from their spring collection pack.  To create the flowers, I used Miron Smith's new Bloom Impressions Flower Tool with a little twist.  Instead of using the individual petals as  recommended, I used Heartfelt Creations Tattered Blooms which are whole flowers.  I cut four to five sizes for layering, then lightly misted them with water and cinched each layer in the bloom maker.  Then I let the all the layers dry and slightly curled the tips under with my finger nails.  I added a stamen from a McGill flower punch set and finished the flower with a rose.  I used Donna Salazar's leaves from her Bitty Blooms collection and  finished the petals and leaves off by embossing them, then distressing them with Tim Holtz's Vintage Photo Ink.  As a final touch, I added some Diamond Stickles for a bit of sparkle on the flower stamen and rose flower centers.  These flowers were so easy to make and they came out looking great!     

Next I added some deeply scalloped lace from my stash at the bottom of the tag and also some of Prima's Floral Lace. I cut the floral lace into leaves and tucked them here and there behind the flowers.  Then finished the flower clusters off with some distressed green leaves here and there.  

I fussy cut this little girl image:

To create the Love is Kind title, I selected Spellbinder's Filigree Label and Small Ovals to create and print up the title, distressed and popped up the oval and layered them together for a pretty framed title block.  

Lastly I used seam binding ribbon to hang the pink gemstone trinket.  These trinkets are available in the jewelry making section of any big box store, so feel free to find something that works for you.   Good luck dear friends and have fun!  





No comments:

Post a Comment