Friday, January 17, 2014

"When Pigs Fly" Photo Tray


When Pigs Fly Photo Tray
Morning Friends,

Today I'm sharing a fun and funky photo tray done in Graphic 45's Olde Curiosity Shoppe paper collection.   This collection has been out for a while but its still available from on-line scrapbook stores.
When Pigs Fly Window
Apothecary Window
This is one of those projects that really stumped me.  I adore the paper collection and always wanted to try my hand at a photo tray.   But when I completed the design work, it sat on the board for months before I finely decided that I liked it enough to glue it down.  Does that ever happen to you?   You think you like something, then you start second guessing yourself.   I'm pretty sure this situation happens to all of us at one time or another.   I'm glad I finely decided I liked it.    Here's a few more close ups that I hope you enjoy:

Upper Photo Tray
Lower Photo Tray
The techniques I used to create this project were very simple.  I used two Martha Stewart punches, the Deco Fan for the bottom of each photo opening and the Tear Drop punch for the top.  I used plain black textured cardstock to make these punched elements.  Then I cut my photo mats at 4 x 6 from different pages from the paper collection and used Tattered Angles spray in Aqua and Bronze to highlight the outer corners of the whole tray.
Olde Curiosity Shoppe Window
Flying Pigs and Butterfly Window
I framed each opening with aqua rickrack and brown leather trim.  Then I embellished each opening with coordinating chipboard and metal elements for added interest.   Except for the wings, all of the other metal elements (ornate corners, keys, bugs, butterflies, etc.) are available from Michael's.  The wings are from Teressa Collins, the flowers are from Prima and the photo tray and apothecary bottles are from 7 Gypsy's.  All of these products maybe found at Hobby Lobby or other on-line scrapbook stores.
Apothecary Jar Window

Swift Messenger Window

I orientated the tray sideways, with the handle on the left, so that I could use it to attach black tulle and various sizes of black ribbon.  I fussy cut the pigs and the curious lady and added them, along with the flowers, to the raised frame.  Although it took me a while to decide to glue it down, this project was so easy and very fun to make!
 

Well there you have it!  I hope you enjoyed "When Pigs Fly" and that you're inspired to spread your wings and try something creative today.  Thank you for dropping by my blog and for those who have a minute, I sincerely appreciate hearing from you.  Make it a happy day friends!  Hugs ~ Dawna

No comments:

Post a Comment